Jun 30, 2004
Jun 29, 2004
Have you found the 40GB iPod to be overkill? Does a pink iPod enhance the experience that much? Is there an accessory you can't live without? Do I need the docking station, remote and a ruberized iCondom? Comment on!
Senator please.Unfortunately, due to the volume of mail I receive, I cannot respond individually to messages sent from third parties or websites other than my official Senate website. If you wish to send a personalized message via the internet, please use the email form on my website: http://feinstein.senate.gov/email.html. Please know that my staff will tally your input today...
Update : Maybe the US Government is broken, not just email as previously speculated.
Jun 28, 2004
From: TiVo - Your DVR Your online request for "60 Minutes" has been received. This program is now scheduled to record and appears in the To Do List. Best regards, TiVo http://www.tivo.com/support/This is the confirmation email I received from TiVo after I:
- Heard that Michael Moore was going to be on 60 Minutes
- Was miles from home and wished I could somehow schedule my TiVo to record this show
- Turned to my trusty Treo 600, and pointed the browser to Tivo Central Online to sign-in and schedule this recording
- Return home to find 60 Minutes recorded perfectly per my request.
Jun 26, 2004
Jun 25, 2004
Jun 24, 2004
Jun 23, 2004
Jun 22, 2004
Jun 21, 2004
- The move went well. We are now in our new home and have a few unpacked boxes here and there but in general things have gone well. We did lose a set of car keys but I haven't been sufficiently convinced that they aren't mixed in with the box of dried flowers and candles. Only time will tell.
- Allie, Drew and I caught a gnarly stomach flu. I'll spare you the details, but we are no worse for wear.
- Pleasanton is 10 degrees hotter on average than our old place. Yow!
- I love a walk-able downtown! I especially enjoy taking my steed of restored cruisers out for a spin down Main Street. My one complaint is that one of my favorite local coffee shops closed the week we moved in! Looks like it didn't survive a recent acquisition. Acquisitions are hard, even in coffee.
- Have I mentioned the new house has ethernet in every room? WiFi is just icing on the cake now.
- I keep adding weird things to shellen.com like Google Groups Beta integration - which allows you to subscribe to shellen.com by email and more recently the Mail-This-Post code and now with Chris Wetherell's help - rotating image headers. I'll describe how to do all this stuff soon.
- I DO NOT HAVE ANY MORE GMAIL INVITES.
- NO SERIOUSLY.
- Being 'Blogger' - capital B puts us in odd company every once in a while when folks mean 'blogger' - little b.
- I'm sorry I missed the Internet Planet panel I was supposed to be on last week. Here's a panel wrap-up anyway.
- Not to be a jerk or anything but... are you about done mourning the Gipper too? Get that flag back up to full staff and let's get back to work already!
Jun 18, 2004
Jun 17, 2004
Jun 14, 2004
Jun 11, 2004
Jun 10, 2004
Jun 8, 2004
Jun 7, 2004
Jun 6, 2004
I'm taking a couple of days off of work while we move. We should have internet access again tomorrow, but with a mountain of boxes it might take a few days to get everything all set-up. See you on the other side.
Jun 5, 2004
Jun 3, 2004
- Steve Jenson does not eat cookies. It's not that he doesn't like them, he just doesn't eat them.
- Steve's DSL is currently down.
- Your regularly scheduled SaladWithSteve is down too because Steve's DSL is wack.
- Steve uses WD40 instead of suntan lotion. He is a native Oregonian.
- Stacy has been putting up with Steve for as long as I can remember. Even when his DSL outage means her website is down too.
- Steve knows more about Atom than anyone in a 5 mile radius.
- Steve can dance a mean jig.
- In his downtime, Steve programs in Lisp, FOR FUN!!!
- I would like to begin referring to Steve as Redbeard, but fear reprisal.
- Before his father came to visit not long ago, Steve ordered cable with all the sports channels so his Pa would have something to watch. What a good son!