BlogThis! for the Google Deskbar and a few more searches
Ev pointed to a URL that you can enter into the new Google DeskBar beta from the Google Labs. However, if you want an even simpler way to add BlogThis! to the Deskbar I've created a reg file that should do the trick. In the spirit of my Cheatsheet Creator, I've created another file that will add a few more searches to your DeskBar. After installing the second file you will have searches for Amazon, eBay, IMDB, FedEx, UPS, Dictionary.com, Weather.com search by ZIP, Fidelity stock quotes and whois lookup info from BetterWhois. I would like to point out two things:
- Though I work for Google, these are independently developed by me and thus no guarantees are made about the stability of these files.
- Use at your own risk. These files should work on most Win 98 and newer systems but these files will edit your Windows Registry and such, should be used with caution.
- To install BlogThis! for the Deskbar, download this zip file and unzip it.
- You should have a file called deskblog.reg. Double-clicking on them will produce a dialog that your registry will be edited.
- Click 'Yes' and 'Yes' again on sucessful addition.
- Restart your computer OR: click on the DeskBar down arrow icon and find the 'Options...' tab and select. Hit OK.
- Viola! BlogThis! as an option in the DeskBar should appear. Using CTRL+B should bring up the BlogThis! window as well.
- To add the extra searches I created, download this file and repeat steps 1 thru 5.