It is about oil.
- Unocal wanted to build a 1,000 mile long pipeline from the Caspian Sea through Afghanistan to the Arabian Sea
- All of the leading Taliban officials were in Texas negotiating with UNOCAL in 1998
- Negotiations were quickly broken off and the contract was awarded to an Argentinian company to build the pipeline by the Taliban
- The Taliban are determined to be 'evil' in 1999 at Congressional hearings
- Post 9/11 we invade Afghanistan, though all of the terrorists hail from Saudi Arabia
- Hamid Karzai is installed as the new leader of Afghanisitan. Karzai is a former employee of Unocal
- The US announced Jan 31, 2002 we will support the construction of the Trans-Afghanistan pipeline
By the way, my wish isn't for this blog to become all about politics, my primary area of expertise is in technology, music and the web. However, I have some strong feelings about what is being done in our name as Americans. As someone with friends in other countries I hope they know that Bush doesn't speak for me or nearly anyone I know. He is a man with a private agenda and the means to carry out whatever he (or his family) wishes it appears. So much for power to the people.Thanks to Maltesh's Avatars for the Taliban/Unocal timeline.